Clear Lake Children’s Center
Becky Siekierski, Ph.D., LSSP, NCSP
Dr. Becky Siekierski is a Licensed Psychologist with extensive training and experience in the evaluation and treatment of children and adolescents. She earned her doctorate from Texas A&M University in College Station and has over 12 years of experience working in public schools, with additional training experiences in community mental health clinics and hospital settings. Dr. Siekierski specializes in autism spectrum disorder assessment and intervention, differential diagnosis of ADD/ADHD and emotional/behavioral disorders, and assessment of early childhood disorders.
As a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP) and Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP), Dr. Siekierski has served in a number of different roles, including consultant, parent trainer, therapist, supervisor, multidisciplinary team member, and evaluator. She values the collaboration among schools, parents, and related service professionals and is eager to assist parents in identifying the supports they need to facilitate their children’s development.
Support for Parents
Individualized Parent Support
- We offer one-on-one consultation to parents to discuss specific concerns and identify strategies for addressing them.
- We can provide recommendations for a number of issues, including behavior, discipline, academic performance, social skills, tantrums, anger, sensory issues, grief, anxiety, depression, ADD/ADHD, and many more.
- We can review a child’s special education records, evaluations, services, and programming to assist parents in making informed educational decisions.
In-Home Parent Training and Behavior Support
- Learn how to implement strategies for improving behavior and communication in the home setting
- Our parent trainer will visit the home to complete a needs assessment in order to identify the most important behaviors to target and then we’ll develop a plan for how to implement the strategies recommended.
- Parents will receive individualized visual supports for the home along with direct instruction and practice in the most effective ways to work directly with their children.
Parent Education Workshops
Group parent education workshops are offered periodically on topics including:
- Behavior Intervention
- Social Skills Strategies
- Interventions for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Understanding the Special Education Process
Visit the Parent Education section for more information including dates/times of upcoming workshops!
One-on-one support with child/adolescent to address anxiety, depression, coping skills, social skills, impulse control, behavior, etc.
Special Needs Tutoring
One-on-one, individualized tutoring for students in kindergarten through high school, provided by a special education certified teacher. We’ll create and utilize specific instructional tools based on your student’s needs. Find out more information here.
Consultation to School/Daycare Staff
We offer individualized consultation on a case-by-case basis or group trainings on topics such as:
- Behavior Intervention
- Social skills strategies/supports
- Classroom/schoolwide behavior management
- Disability Awareness
- Bullying awareness/prevention