Clear Lake Children’s Center
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental Delay
- Mental Retardation/Intellectual Disability
- Emotional/Behavioral Disorders
- Learning Disability
Visit the Evaluation section for more information on screenings and evaluations offered at Clear Lake Children’s Center
Support for Parents
Individualized Parent Support
- We offer one-on-one consultation to parents to discuss specific concerns and identify strategies for addressing them.
- We can provide recommendations for a number of issues, including behavior, discipline, academic performance, social skills, tantrums, anger, sensory issues, grief, anxiety, depression, ADD/ADHD, and many more.
- We can review a child’s special education records, evaluations, services, and programming to assist parents in making informed educational decisions.
In-Home Parent Training and Behavior Support
- Learn how to implement strategies for improving behavior and communication in the home setting
- Our parent trainer will visit the home to complete a needs assessment in order to identify the most important behaviors to target and then we’ll develop a plan for how to implement the strategies recommended.
- Parents will receive individualized visual supports for the home along with direct instruction and practice in the most effective ways to work directly with their children.
Parent Education Workshops
Group parent education workshops are offered periodically on topics including:
- Behavior Intervention
- Social Skills Strategies
- Interventions for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Understanding the Special Education Process
Workshops are two hours each and participants must be registered in advance.
Visit the Parent Education section for more information including dates/times of upcoming workshops!
One-on-one support with child/adolescent for anxiety, depression, coping skills instruction, etc.
Social Skills Instruction
Individualized social skills instruction for children and adolescents
Consultation to School/Daycare Staff
We offer individualized consultation on a case-by-case basis or group trainings on topics such as:
- Behavior Intervention
- Social skills strategies/supports
- Classroom/schoolwide behavior management
- Disability Awareness
- Bullying awareness/prevention
Do you have more questions? Visit our FAQ page